Below are a few you need to keep in mind:
1. Retention is STILL key. Retaining top talent will continue to be a struggle. But make sure your efforts are not just getting ‘new blood’ but keeping the best and brightest happy and working for you.
2. Freelancers are everywhere. We are seeing a rise in freelancers for ALL types of projects and jobs. It’s not just for tech or writing any more. Incorporating these freelancers can not only increase your overall talent, it can help you maintain budgets by using only as needed.
3. You need to have a competitive compensation structure. While culture, convenience, and flexibility have risen in importance to candidates, you still need to have a competitive compensation structure in place (which includes salary, commission, bonuses, benefits, etc).
4. Generations are mixing. We are seeing one of the largest multi-generational workforces. And the differences in the workers is significant. While this may be a struggle at times, it adds a richness to your workforce that can be a distinct competitive advantage. You have to value all the generations.
5. Mobile is on the rise. As more and more millennials come into the workforce, they bring with them the new technologies. And we are seeing a rise across all generations with mobile recruiting.
6. Are you branded? I know you have a brand, but does your company have a brand for the current and future workforce? It should. People will always consider compensation when deciding on companies. But more and more people are considering the brand and the culture. Are you communicating the RIGHT brand to get the RIGHT people into your organization?
7. Get personal! It’s no longer post and review resumes. As recruiters, business owners, and human resources professionals, we have to personalize and interact with candidates. Just as marketing and advertising has changed over the years, so must the advertising of jobs/positions. By communicating a brand (#7) and then personally interacting with high potential candidates, you will be able to better reach your target candidates.